Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Monitor alerts via Pushover

Would be awesome to be able to receive monitor status alerts via Pushover. Would be pretty simple to implement. User would enter their key and then they would receive notifications for all monitors on their account. This would be especially useful for me as a reseller.

https://pushover.net/faq#library-python
    https://github.com/Thibauth/python-pushover

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We plan to provide for more complex notifications settings. This will include mobile app notifications (not sure if it is going to be Pushover or our own app), custom email notifications, even SMS notifications.

3. integrate facial recognition cameras on yodeck

Good morning, I wanted to know if it is possible to integrate facial recognition cameras with your software? for advertisements?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are considering to add this feature to Yodeck.

Specifically, you will need to add a web camera or a Raspberry Pi Camera and use Google Coral, a USB AI module that does analytics and demographics of viewers. Total additional cost for hardware per screen would be something around $100. And you would get a) reports on number of viewers and demographics, b) triggers to change content based on demographic groups (e.g. ads targeting males over 50).

We love this feature, but, to be honest, it is a bit down the road, likely for Q1-Q2 2020. Hope you stay on board to see it getting released!

4. Style Ticker with css

The ability to style ticker (expecially rss one) with Css. Also including Google Font through css

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Right now, the ticker is generated via a Python drawing library and the images are scrolled using the GPU. We plan to change this to HTML-based drawing of the ticker. We could then add an option for providing custom CSS styling for the text. I guess this should work fine for you.

5. Email Updates

Would it be possible for you to email up and coming firmware updates (with changelog) and scheduled maintenance to the portal please?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Concerning scheduled maintenance, we have a standard 6-week release cycle, so scheduled downtime is usually fixed. You can add our Yodeck calendar to your calendar using this link:

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=starttech.eu_i0cravf325nspu504bihnl6q68%40group.calendar.google.com

We do post an in-app notice for downtime of the Yodeck portal usually 24-48 hours in advance. We are planning to create a Status Page as well that will include a detailed health report of our platform along with scheduled maintenance notices, suing statuspage.io, which provides something like this: https://status.dropbox.com/

Also, we are planning to include some sort of in-app message center that will also include changelog notices and other important messages that users might need to read.

Hopefully, both the Status Page and the in-app message centre will be available within this year.

6. Playlist: import only the files that are not yet present, to avoid duplications.

You can select all the files in a folder and import. But when you add a lot of files to a folder and you want to add only those in the playlist it becomes laborious to look for them one by one.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have released a new feature called Tag Playlists. You assign Media with Tags and then you can create dynamic Playlists using combinations of Media Tags. Then, when you upload a Media, you also add the required Tags, so that they get pulled into the Tag Playlists.

That might work in your case.

In the long run, we are also planning to provide Folder-based Playlists, so that all Media in the specific Folders are automatically included in a Playlist.

7. GPIO support

We have Beamer they not hear on the CEC Command, they have only a Interface for Relais for commands, is there a way to use the gpio's to trigger 2 Relais on schedule start and at the end to off? At this time we have there 2 Raspberrys. One for Yodeck and one for a time based solution but in one device it would be great :D
    Best wishes

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Export Player Details to CSV - and/or allow more columns with status information to be added to the player list

We need a way to export player details to csv. For instance, I might want to export a list of our players and see what their resolutions are, fimware version, etc...

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Premade Footer Scrollers

Provide some premade scrolling footer content -
    Weather - enter ZipCode;
    Stock - select up to x stock symbols;
    Latest News (like Fox News Channel);
    Airport info;

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Undo all changes since "Submit to Players?" was last clicked

Sometime, you do something and "Submit to Players?" turns red. And you log in a few days later, feeling nervous about what you actually did and why that button is red. It would be great if you could undo all the changes made on an account and revert it back to the last time the "Push to Players?" button was clicked, so it would "put out" the red button.

Initial Idea Submitted was: "Trash option for deleted media, playlist and shows. It gives the oportunity to restore back links which you delete accidentally."

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While the initial idea of a trash bin for object is difficult to implement and has several implications, the current idea is very useful and will provide an extra level of safety for what is displayed on screen.

Also, it will eliminate the need for the automated email that are send to users leaving the “Push to Players?” button unclicked.

11. Length of Video Media

Would be nice to see the length of a video from the folder view.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Indeed, provide metadata for Media would be really useful. Besides video duration, it would be really useful to also know video resolution, FPS, download size, average bitrate, etc.

Our encoding backend has been modified to provide all of this information to the Yodeck Portal. So, this will be provided soon.

12. A debug mode would be really useful

I think it could be useful to be able to debug memory / CPU usage of the various widgets on-screen at a given time. Whether this was real-time on-screen, or periodically logged to file, I think it'd be very helpful in tracking down opportunities for performance optimisation.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Auto-push when changes are released from the queue.

Mark changes to be pushed when done rendering. It sometimes takes hours for changes to make it through the queue and be ready to push. I'd like an option to have changes automatically push when ready.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Content Refresh

Am new with Yodeck but I would like to see either faster loading of new/changed content over typical client wifi speeds OR some way to blank the screen while new imagery is loaded. My experience so far (limited I admit) leads me to think my shows are amateurish when I have to look at periods where things are sequentially being blacked out and sequentially replaced.Makes me think of the old days when things like this were really slow. Surely there is a better way in 2018.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I guess you are talking about transition from one show to another. This will be significantly improve really soon. We are working on an improved version of the playback engine that will allow much faster transitions.

Stay tuned to see it get released!

15. Please, allow me to switch off "Are you sure?"

Please allow me to switch off "Are you sure you want to push all changes to players?"
    Yes, I'm sure but if I get it wrong, it's my problem or I can put it back easily. People mostly press Yes automatically anyway, so what's the point? It actually takes away from really important messages like "You are about to delete ALL data - are you sure?"
    Please give us a "Don't show this again".

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The “Push to Players?” button will soon be modified to show a pop-up window. In this window, you will be given the option to schedule the push; you choose if you want to push now, or do the push on a specific date/time.

We will probably incorporate your suggestion in this new popup. In the meanwhile, we might also add it in the confirmation pop-up in a following release.

16. Fallback radio stream !!!

Is there a possibility for Fallback audio/radio stream?
    If it breaks the Internet connection or for some other reason terminates the connection with the radio streaming, is there a possibility to automatically broadcast audio files directly from the Yodeck player?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Falling back to local content when streaming fails is reasonable. The same goes for both Video and Audio streaming.

We will evaluate and revert, and if it is technically feasible, we will add it in our backlog soon.

17. Easier Workspace Management

Workspaces are great for isolating who can access what, but they are tough to work with.

It would be really nice if there was a “workspace view” that you could toggle to wherever there are workspace objects.

For example – under VIDEO MEDIA, when you select “workspace view” it would list all the video files, one per row, but the columns become each workspace (that you have correct permissions for) with a set of radio buttons across the row
    Then you could quickly change the workspace assignment of items – and could easily view what is in each workspace…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It does make sense to have a “Workspace” column when you select “All Workspaces”. This way, you can easily see which Media belong to which Workspsace. However, the radio-button thing is not a good thing. Imagine we have customers with hundreds of Workspaces. Given a Media can only be part of a single Workspace, it does not make match sense to provide such a “grid”. Just a column with the Workspace name would be enough.

I am marking this idea as accepted concerning the “Workspaces” column for all entity listings.

18. On screen key board widget with button to hide and open

Onscreen keyboard widget to interact with items on you display

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yodeck has limited support for interactivity. Right now, you can build and upload HTML5 apps as Widgets, but they must not be placed as overlays in order for them to be interactive. Same goes for Web Pages.

An on-screen keyboard would be a nice addition. Given that this would require a touch screen, we would also have to implement an easy way to setup and calibrate touchscreens (can be done).

We are marking this feature as Accepted and we will see down the road how things progress.

19. Add multi-thumbnail view for showing thumbnails from all screens

An overall dashboard showing all thumbnails from all devices would be great. It would provide a quick view if devices show what they are supposed to show.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Caching Web Pages on the Player

Support caching on Web Pages - for pages that are relatively static it would be useful to cache them in the player instead of repeatedly going out to the internet for slowly changing content. I use the webpage feature to pull in a local weather feed - the page hoster noticed that I'm polling 500+ times/day - I'd really like to only look for an updated page every 30 minutes or so.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature is already in our roadmap. It is closely related to the “Refresh” feature for Web Pages.

We are planning to provide an option that will enable you not to “cache” the Web Page, but instead take a “screenshot” of the page, store it and show it for the duration specified by the user, and then refresh it.

This will be provided soon, towards mid-2019.

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base