General

1. Play ads based on CPM

Allow us to set a specific number of times an ad will play. For CPM we sell ads based on the 1000 impressions. With your system I am only able to put it up based on date, not number of times it plays.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dropbox Widget

Dropbox Widget

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Countdown Timer - More Options

I would love to see the ability to make changes to what is displayed on the countdown timer widget. More specifically, the ability to remove the seconds from the timer so that it counts down by minute.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. integrate facial recognition cameras on yodeck

Good morning, I wanted to know if it is possible to integrate facial recognition cameras with your software? for advertisements?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are considering to add this feature to Yodeck.

Specifically, you will need to add a web camera or a Raspberry Pi Camera and use Google Coral, a USB AI module that does analytics and demographics of viewers. Total additional cost for hardware per screen would be something around $100. And you would get a) reports on number of viewers and demographics, b) triggers to change content based on demographic groups (e.g. ads targeting males over 50).

We love this feature, but, to be honest, it is a bit down the road, likely for Q1-Q2 2020. Hope you stay on board to see it getting released!

5. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Display a conference schedule.

Will you have a widget to display a conference schedule / agenda., eg. Speaker Jones, Room 20 @ 1pm.. etc?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

One way to do this would be to use the Richtext Widget and paste your HTML. Right now, it is not so easy to do, but eventually it will be. Also, we do plan to provide some templates for fixed layouts (HTML templates) which you will be able to edit within the Widget. One of them could be a scheduling template.

There is also this idea: http://support.yodeck.com/forums/301815-general/suggestions/13087137-calendar-integration-ical-and-google-calendar-etc

Perhaps this is more close to the scheduling concept? Waiting for your feedback to dig in.

7. Media from USB flash

Add the possibility to show media from a local USB flash device, so I could change images or videos that could be reproduced from a specific folder

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Widget that run under conditions

Widget that only appear if webpage behind is, has been updated. Like severe weather, amber alert, police notice, etc.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. yodeck.com site status report - for known acute issues with the site

Some location on Yodeck.com that describes the current acute problem(s) with the site and to the extent possible and indication that the problem(s) are being worked on.

This would avoid the need to continually bug support staff to report the same problem because it isn't yet fixed, etc.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Monitor alerts via Pushover

Would be awesome to be able to receive monitor status alerts via Pushover. Would be pretty simple to implement. User would enter their key and then they would receive notifications for all monitors on their account. This would be especially useful for me as a reseller.

https://pushover.net/faq#library-python
    https://github.com/Thibauth/python-pushover

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We plan to provide for more complex notifications settings. This will include mobile app notifications (not sure if it is going to be Pushover or our own app), custom email notifications, even SMS notifications.

11. Google Fonts and image perspective support

I think it would be cool to add support for Google Fonts. Allowing the devices to use the font library provided by Google.

The other "idea" I have is, I think another cool feature would be to allow images to be adjusted for perspective (skew). This would allow images to be adjusted to fit within backgrounds with angled frames (like a billboard for example)

Thanks for your consideration of these features!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Nu.nl widget for Dutch news

A news widget based that allows a custom RSS feed to display news in other languages than English (e.g. RSS feeds from NU.nl or Telegraaf.nl)
    The current custom RSS options don't allow for news feeds with pictures.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Improved Widgets & Widget Themes

Improved Widgets.

I'd like to see the widgets be developed with a little more depth. They are nice, but sometimes they don't really work the way one would expect them to. Not a deal-breaker, but it would be nice to have really polished options when it comes to widgets.

Editing by Yodeck: Title changed to reflect our proposed solution: Widget Themes

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are in the process of building an internal design team that will help with the look and feel of Widgets. We are planning to build something like “themes” so that Widgets can adhere to specific fonts, styles, etc, so that adding multiple Widgets will have some consistency.

14. draw the gps location

add gps usb to the raspi and to show the gps location on a map on the screen, that help in transportation.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make the function of setting the volume of the sound of each video, when forming a playlist.

Thanks again to you and your colleagues for the fact that in January 2019 you plan to make it possible to adjust the sound on the monitors on a schedule.
    Do not think for arrogance. :)
    Maybe your colleagues - programmers will be able to make the function of setting the volume of the sound of each video, when forming a playlist. This will help solve the following problem. Not all advertisers provide commercials with high-quality sound. When videos with low-quality, quiet sound in one playlist are located next to the rollers, where the sound is of high quality, loud.…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. hidden menus when user hasn't rights

hide menus when a user does not have permission to access them instead of having the menu displayed with the message "you do not have rights to access them"

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Play subplaylist items as a round robin

I have a customer that needs this functionality for its digital marketing displays. The have a several customer, each customer (a brand) can have one or many images/videos. They need to have a playlist with all subplaylist for each brand and play one spot per each brand after the other, so I would play first image for brand 1, brand2 and brand3, then second image fron brand1,brand2, brand3 and then third image for brand1, brand2 and since brand3 only have one image It would play again image1 for brand 3.

Something like a round robin queing for the images. This…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are building a new playback engine that will allow several new features. This will be one the first features we will implement. You will be able to add Sub-Playlist to a Playlist and set it to play “X items” and/or “max X secs” from that Sub-Playlist.

We have already started working on this and I expect it to be available towards autumn. Hope that’s not too late!

18. Playlist: import only the files that are not yet present, to avoid duplications.

You can select all the files in a folder and import. But when you add a lot of files to a folder and you want to add only those in the playlist it becomes laborious to look for them one by one.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have released a new feature called Tag Playlists. You assign Media with Tags and then you can create dynamic Playlists using combinations of Media Tags. Then, when you upload a Media, you also add the required Tags, so that they get pulled into the Tag Playlists.

That might work in your case.

In the long run, we are also planning to provide Folder-based Playlists, so that all Media in the specific Folders are automatically included in a Playlist.

19. Live Currency Exchange Widget

I am looking for a currency widget, which would show live exchange rates of a select currency vs others. It would be good if the others could be chosen but not essential - as long as the usual key ones are listed (GBP, USD, EUR etc.).

I appreciate I could just live list a webpage from a currency website but i think it could be a really useful and cool widget.

Is anyone able to help?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Support video with an alpha channel (transparency) so that one video can frame some other content

I want to be able to use one video with an alpha channel as a "frame" and overlay it on top of another video that is the main focus.

For now, I'm simply layering the one video on top of the other, but that means that there are really hard edges at the edge of the video.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

First, we are planning to support multiple videos playback (a whole different request).

Now, concerning alpha-channel in videos, I think this is a firmware issue of the Raspberry Pi. Thee is a way to have a mask, but again no alpha channel beyond that mask.

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base