I suggest you ...

Calendar integration. ICal and Google calendar etc...

ICal integration

78 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Derek shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    accepted  ·  AdminYodeck Support (Admin, Yodeck) responded  · 

Supporting ICS files/URLs natively on Yodeck (and not being displayed from an online service through a Web Page) has been coming up in requests. This requires a new Widget and some serious development.

We are growing the team, and new team members coming on board will start working on new Widgets, with focus on the main social widgets and this calendar widget. These two are the most requested features so far.

Stay tuned!

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great
        Try looking at DAKboard.com
        They do a great job making calendars looking good

• Ken Wiesner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is great news! Thrilled to hear this feature is coming and even more excited to hear Yodeck team is growing! Congratulations!

• Benjamin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A widget that shows a calendar or the next x events in a calendar would be realy nice. The widget should be able to pull regular ics links from other sources and external calendars. The current "custom widget Google calendar" view is not realy helpful and not everyone uses Google.

I wanted to expand on my last comment... We've been using the third party plugin in WordPress along with another plugin that formats it for the screen from a competing digital signage company that shall remain nameless. I wanted to report that having put it in production for awhile it absolutely sucks. This is something that would absolutely be a great feature to include natively or via a widget if possible.

I'm out of votes right now but this would be a very welcome feature. Right now the way we do this is through WordPress and a third party plugin that formats the calendar. It's not pretty. Ideally it would be great to pull this directly from Google Calendar and have it display. Can you guys please post your script as an example? Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ideally it would all be managed from within Yodeck similar to what the scheduler looks like so the user would not have to jump around so much, but ICS calendar support would probably make more users happy.

It could look just like the scheduler but have the option to show on the screen.
        My current solution is another raspberry pi running nextcloud, but this is clunky and I would prefer to manage all of the content in one place.

• jaknz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been able to load the default Google calendar view just fine. This gives me a month view, but includes tabs, widgets, "add to Google Calendar", print, etc. As soon as I use the Google calendar custom view, the webpage view instead loads a "Sign into Google" screen instead of displaying the custom calendar view.

Yes yes.
        This can also leverage the GCalendar Resource functionality to view room-specific calendars and be then a neat room reservation signage.

• Derek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Yodeck team!

To elaborate - it would be great to have the ability to view Google Calendar events on screen. To help show upcoming events for the day/week/month. Or even transferred into a ticker of some type to give an indication of upcoming bits and pieces.

Thanks!

Feedback and Knowledge Base

alert("Hello! I am an alert box!!");