I suggest you ...

Add Support for Video Walls

Please consider providing video wall support. 2x2 would be sufficient for our needs. Thanks!

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    WesWes shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Yodeck SupportAdminYodeck Support (Admin, Yodeck) responded  · 

We are indeed planning to provide this feature. But it won’t be available soon in its FULL implementation, since it requires a lot of testing and development.

We tested a new device that works as an HDMI-to-LAN converter (actually, it converts the HDMI signal to an RTP H.264 streaming video). Costs about $36, here is a link on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191750919298

We tested it and, guess what?? IT WORKS! This will allow us to quickly deliver a well-balanced solution. You will be able to use X+1 Players for supporting X number of screens (in any orientation or relative position) . The output of the “master” Player will be connected to the above HDMI-to-RTP device, and all other Player will reproduce their respective part of the output. Then, you would create a Show as normal for the “master” Player and it would be played in sync across all screens.

This implementation has the drawback that the final resolution for the overall output would be up to 1080p, even ofr a 2×2 layout of 4 1080p screens. But we think it will still look great!

We might provide support for it in our beta by early February!

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...