I suggest you ...

Add Support for Video Walls

Please consider providing video wall support. 2x2 would be sufficient for our needs. Thanks!

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    WesWes shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Yodeck SupportAdminYodeck Support (Admin, Yodeck) responded  · 

We are working hard to deliver a full-fledged Video Wall solution for the upcoming release. Support will be the minimal required, so you will have to do the measurements and calculations yourself (or reach out and we will help). But all the essential features for setting up a great-looking video wall will be there.

We suggest using the LKV373A device that works as an HDMI-to-LAN converter (actually, it converts the HDMI signal to an RTP H.264 streaming video). Costs about $36, here is a link on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191750919298

You can also use any HDMI-to-IP video streamer (there are more expensive options out there that you might find locally).

You will be able to use X+1 Players for supporting X number of screens (in any orientation or relative position, even asymmetric layouts) . The output of the “master” Player will be connected to the above HDMI-to-RTP device, and all other Player will reproduce their respective part of the output. Then, you would create a Show as normal for the “master” Player and it would be played in sync across all screens.

This implementation has the drawback that the final resolution for the overall output would be up to 1080p, even for a 2×2 layout of 4 × 1080p screens.

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...