I suggest you ...

Queue system

I would like to have to possibillity to integrate with a queue system.
A remote or button with +/- and show a number in the screen. As a system like Easy Turn or so.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mattias shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Iain commented  · 

In fact, you can do this all on the Yodeck played using a widget and a keyboard (I used a small bluetooth one with a built-in trackpad).

It seems to need to be the first (or possibly only) widget loaded (probably so it gets input focus - I don't know if there's a way to force this to happen, but you can use the mouse to click the right widget if you need to).

Anyway, it works as a proof-of-concept. Let me know if you'd like any more info :)

• Iain commented  · 

Hi,

I'm not familiar with Easy Turn, but if the queue management system presented queue information in some kind of format (XML for example), it would be fairly easy to write a widget that requested this and formatted it to display in a widget.

Failing that, another Pi acting as a webserver could have a button connected (maybe a remote powerpoint 'clicker') that incremented the current number, which could then be picked up by the Yodeck player (or directly attached to it).

Feedback and Knowledge Base