I suggest you ...

Caching Web Pages on the Player

Support caching on Web Pages - for pages that are relatively static it would be useful to cache them in the player instead of repeatedly going out to the internet for slowly changing content. I use the webpage feature to pull in a local weather feed - the page hoster noticed that I'm polling 500+ times/day - I'd really like to only look for an updated page every 30 minutes or so.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
david shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
accepted  ·  AdminYodeck Support (Yodeck Support Team, Yodeck) responded  · 

This feature is already in our roadmap. It is closely related to the “Refresh” feature for Web Pages.

We are planning to provide an option that will enable you not to “cache” the Web Page, but instead take a “screenshot” of the page, store it and show it for the duration specified by the user, and then refresh it.

This will be provided soon, towards mid-2019.

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love this feature. We're not on the best internet connection so at the moment I'm doing this manually as the webpage loading is terrible.

• Aaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What’s the update on this feature? We really need it for our beer menu board. It’s generally static but customers get annoyed having to wait for the page to load. It makes our signage look unprofessional.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

alert("Hello! I am an alert box!!");