I suggest you ...

Manage email alerts on a per player basis

I have a testbench yodeck player that may not be online 24/7 (sits on my desk to test when needed). It would be nice to be able to turn off offline alerts for specific players, like my testbench player, but keep other player's alerts on.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Forrest shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
accepted  ·  AdminYodeck Support (Yodeck Support Team, Yodeck) responded  · 

This makes 100% sense, and there are many cases. To name a few:

- “on-off” test players
- “known problems”, like a Player that is offline and it is actually OK to be so, e.g. due to known internet issue at the installation site
- sites where the power to the Player is cut off every night

We are planning to support the option to mark an offline Player as “OK” until a given date or until it comes back online, so that notifications and stats are kept clean.

Concerning on-off Players, we could provide an option for customizing the timeout per Player for sending an email (currently fixed at 5 hours and 24 hours). An even more complex option would be to use a Schedule for determining when a Player should be online, but I think this would be overly complex and would not provide any significant advantage over the simple timeout option.

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Morten Lunde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be good to have an option to manually put a player in offline mode so that it don't trigger alerts on the dashboard.

A player in manual offline mode should not trigger alerts on the dashboard. Maybe a separate grouping should be used.

• Holger Winkelmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Disable Monitoring Notification per Monitor.

If you have part time Monitors, i.e. a 7" RasPi Screen which moves around the desks, We wont be bothered with Offline Notifications.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

alert("Hello! I am an alert box!!");