4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can we play a video clip with a specific time (start, end)?

For example: a video clip starts at 00:00 and ends at 10:15.
    Can Yodeck play that video clip only from 01:10 to 06:15?

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Setup your color in Schedule Details

I have to reload the page twice and more if there is a light green color :(
    I cant read the info inside the small box.
    Is there a way to select fix colors for items?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Let us send my browser content to a yodeck monitor by one-click

I want to control a number of Yodeck monitors by sending my browser content directly to the monitor. Best with one-click or by using natural speech commands.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Photos and Images from Google Drive

Display images / photos either cyclically or randomly from nominated Google Drive folders.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are planning to provide support for Zapier. Here is the suggestion in our forum:

http://support.yodeck.com/forums/301815-general/suggestions/34154359-integrate-with-zapier

Through that, it will be possible to integrate Yodeck with Google Drive, so that any content added to Google Drive is copied to Yodeck and then pushed to your Players.

I am tagging this idea as under review, since we might offer a Google Drive (and Dropbox) integration in the future. In any case, we will update all of you with any developments on the Zapier integration.

7. Auto Delete after last reference in schedules option for media, playlists and shows.

A checkbox in each section to remove media, playlists, shows etc on a certain date or after last reference across all schedules.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We do provide an Expiration Date for Media, but it does not delete the Media. It might make sense to delete the Media altogether.

Could you please let us know more usage details on why a Playlist/Show might need to be deleted on a date? That resemble a “Campaign”-like feature that is in our plans to provide. Let us know more details so that we can udnerstand the need and suggest a proper way to deal with it.

8. Screen from player on my external website

is it possible display screen from player and status on external website ?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Could you please provide more information? What exactly are you trying to achieve?

You can stream online the output of a Player, using an HDMI streamer and YouTube Live. Is this what you need?

9. Playlist section folder view scrolling

When in playlist section and in folder view would it be possible to get the playlist box to scroll independently of the page. It would be a lot easier to drag media into the correct playlist position without whole page scrolling. When Whole page scrolls its annoying as you have to rescroll back up the page to select the next item to insert into playlist

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Caching Web Pages on the Player

Support caching on Web Pages - for pages that are relatively static it would be useful to cache them in the player instead of repeatedly going out to the internet for slowly changing content. I use the webpage feature to pull in a local weather feed - the page hoster noticed that I'm polling 500+ times/day - I'd really like to only look for an updated page every 30 minutes or so.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature is already in our roadmap. It is closely related to the “Refresh” feature for Web Pages.

We are planning to provide an option that will enable you not to “cache” the Web Page, but instead take a “screenshot” of the page, store it and show it for the duration specified by the user, and then refresh it.

This will be provided soon, towards mid-2019.

11. Facebook

widget for Facebook stream or facebook photo album

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We apologize for the delay. We have been working on a Facebook Widget for quite sometime now, but it is quite challenging to get this working right. Hopefully, we will have it ready in the next couple of months.

12. We would like to be able to synchronise various videos over different monitors.

Allows "interaction" between different screens using different videos e.g. 2 people talking to each other from one screen to the next.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are planning to provide support for playback synchronization across Playlists within the same device and across Playlists on different devices. This will be provided as a toggle called “synced playback” on Playlists. It will use the current time to sync playback across all Playlists marked as synced.

This will come towards the end of Q3-2019. In the meantime, we have a workaround that has the same effect with some restrictions and a bit weird setup. Reach out if you want to try it out.

13. Google calendar data source

Google Calendar entries for a number of days (from current day only - or possibly current half-day only).
    To be shown as a list of 1 or more scrolling (if necessary) entries or as a ticker. With configurable display elements date, time, title, description, where. Also configurable separators (like your ticker).
    Example 1: I would use it for a "Welcome" list of today's (or morning/afternoon) visitors.
    Example 2: Also for a list of upcoming exhibitions.
    Using google as a source of times events allows anyone with access to that the ability to make Yodeck entries without getting into your quite…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Queue system

I would like to have to possibillity to integrate with a queue system.
    A remote or button with +/- and show a number in the screen. As a system like Easy Turn or so.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 4K support

Would be great to have 4k 25Hz support.
    Otherwise this is the best digital signage software i have tested.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As most of you have seen, the Raspberry Pi 4 has been announced! To celebrate, we are running a free giveaway of 10 RPi4 1GB boards! You can read our complete review and join the giveaway here: https://www.yodeck.com/news/the-raspberry-pi-4-ultimate-review/

With the Raspberry Pi 4, we will fully support 4K resolution, and 4K video decoding. We should be able to release a beta version of the Yodeck SD card image by tomorrow, so those of you that are lucky enough to get their hands on a RPi4 board should be able to use it with Yodeck.

Concerning Raspberry Pi 3 B+ support for 4K, that is not going to change a lot. There are hardware restrictions there that does not allow for much hacking. Still, you could it with some restrictions. Here is more info on that: http://support.yodeck.com/knowledgebase/articles/1912408-define-an-advanced-custom-and-a-4k-resolution

16. Birthdays of employees every day

Birthday employees ?

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

There are a lot of ideas for Widgets. Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to create all of the Widgets that our customers need. That is why we provide the ability to create your own Custom Widget:

https://www.yodeck.com/docs/display/YO/Custom+Widget+Developer%27s+Guide

The Widget you are proposing can be easily created. Within the Widget UI, you would enter the name and birthday of each employee and the Widget would display it easily.

Reach out if you need help with the development. We are marking this as “under review” only to keep this request and see if it can get more traction down the road.

17. Provide a Player App for Android (for compatible Smart TVs, TV Boxes, Tablets and Smartphones)

Yodeck currently works only on the Raspberry Pi hardware platform. It would be great to have Yodeck on Android-powered devices.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We do plan to provide a Yodeck Player app for Android. As you may understand, this requires a lot of effort. So, it might take several months until it gets completed. We target the end of 2017 for a first version, but it may well be 2018 until it gets released.

18. Show Preview

Show preview capability would be an amazing help. Right now there's no way to see a show without pushing it to a real monitor.

198 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    41 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

At last, the Show Preview is available on our beta site! You can now a) see a preview version of Widgets working right inside the Show Editor, b) see how transparency looks like with Images and Widgets, c) preview/edit the Show in fullscreen mode! All these three changes provide for a much easier editing/previewing experience!

Within the next couple of months, we investigate expanding it to also provide some form of Video/Playlist playback in the browser. Either we do implement this final step or not, this will be publicly available on our next release scheduled for September 27th!

19. Please, allow me to switch off "Are you sure?"

Please allow me to switch off "Are you sure you want to push all changes to players?"
    Yes, I'm sure but if I get it wrong, it's my problem or I can put it back easily. People mostly press Yes automatically anyway, so what's the point? It actually takes away from really important messages like "You are about to delete ALL data - are you sure?"
    Please give us a "Don't show this again".

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The “Push to Players?” button will soon be modified to show a pop-up window. In this window, you will be given the option to schedule the push; you choose if you want to push now, or do the push on a specific date/time.

We will probably incorporate your suggestion in this new popup. In the meanwhile, we might also add it in the confirmation pop-up in a following release.

20. Container clip for random media

It would be great to have a container item to add into playlist for play random videos. For example a container with promotional clips or ads.
    The idea is to play 1 random clip and then next media in my playlist.
    Example:

- Logo
    - General info
    - Container (1 random ad from folder "my-ads")
    - Product clip
    - Container (1 random promo from folder "my-promos")
    - ... and so on

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base