(Please note that if you do not already have a Raspberry Pi, we recommend getting an annual subscription and a free Yodeck Playbox along with it.)
Using the Yodeck Playbox Image (recommended)
- Get a Raspberry Pi. Yodeck will work with all versions of RPi, but we recommend using the newest Raspberry Pi 3, Model B or Raspberry Pi 4 (support pending).
- Get any required accessories for the Raspberry Pi, like a case, a power supply (at least 1A), an HDMI cable, a microSD card (Class 10 recommended) of at least 8GB capacity, etc. If you are not using Raspberry Pi 3 and want WiFi, then you need a compatible WiFi dongle also.
- Download the zipped Yodeck Playbox Image, which is compatible with all versions of the Raspberry Pi.
- Unzip and write the image file to the SD card.
- Put the SD card into the Raspberry Pi and boot it up. Once it boots you will see stuff on screen.
- Within 5-10 minutes, you should see a message with a Registration Code, urging you to register your monitor in Yodeck.com. Go to Yodeck.com and punch in the Registration Code. It's that simple.