The Dashboard is where you can have an overview of your account and check that everything is running smoothly. The following basic info on your account is provided:
- "No Issues" indicator. If everything is ok with your account, this should be grey. If Yodeck requires your attention, this button will become red.
- "Online Monitors" gauge. This shows how many of your active monitors are currently online. Under normal conditions, this should always be at 100%.
- "Subscription Capacity" gauge. This shows the current limit of your subscription, that is, the maximum active monitors you can have under your account. If this is under 100%, it means that you might have a larger subscription than required, so you should review your subscription.
Finally, some shortcuts are provided at the lower part of the page to help you do things:
- "Remember the basics" provides you with the basic flow you should follow to get going with Yodeck. You can also have a look at our Introduction to Yodeck article, which will explain basic stuff on taking advantage of all Yodeck's features.
- "Want to add new monitors?" shows your 3 options for connecting monitors to your account. In order for Yodeck to be able to communicate with your monitors, a Player is required. Here are your options for getting Players:
- You can subscribe to the Annual Plan for Yodeck, and get our free Players (Yodeck Playbox) [highly recommended]
- You can stay on the Free or Monthly Plan for Yodeck, and buy the Yodeck Playboxes you need for a fixed price.
- Build your own Player by using a Raspberry Pi or standard PC hardware, using our software.