Skip to content

General

44 results found

1. Yodeck Screensaver for MacOS and Windows

For companies that uses Yodeck for internal information across different regions and offices, why not extend the reach by having a screen saver that have the option to display selected playlists?

By doing this we could push information directly to each employers screen. Obviously the content of these playlist needs to be public information. But still, would be an awesome functionality to have.. And will extend the reach of Yodeck, especially now when most are working from home.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Easier Workspace Management

Workspaces are great for isolating who can access what, but they are tough to work with.

It would be really nice if there was a “workspace view” that you could toggle to wherever there are workspace objects.

For example – under VIDEO MEDIA, when you select “workspace view” it would list all the video files, one per row, but the columns become each workspace (that you have correct permissions for) with a set of radio buttons across the row
    Then you could quickly change the workspace assignment of items – and could easily view what is in each workspace…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It does make sense to have a “Workspace” column when you select “All Workspaces”. This way, you can easily see which Media belong to which Workspsace. However, the radio-button thing is not a good thing. Imagine we have customers with hundreds of Workspaces. Given a Media can only be part of a single Workspace, it does not make match sense to provide such a “grid”. Just a column with the Workspace name would be enough.

I am marking this idea as accepted concerning the “Workspaces” column for all entity listings.

3. Improved Widgets & Widget Themes

Improved Widgets.

I'd like to see the widgets be developed with a little more depth. They are nice, but sometimes they don't really work the way one would expect them to. Not a deal-breaker, but it would be nice to have really polished options when it comes to widgets.

Editing by Yodeck: Title changed to reflect our proposed solution: Widget Themes

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are in the process of building an internal design team that will help with the look and feel of Widgets. We are planning to build something like “themes” so that Widgets can adhere to specific fonts, styles, etc, so that adding multiple Widgets will have some consistency.

4. Screen sharing

I would be great if the yodeck device would also support screen mirroring (miracast, widi, airplay)? Use case: have signage in meeting rooms (when people come in, are not projecting,...), but as soon as the meeting starts: be able to mirror laptop screens (all brands) for regular meetings too. Would be a killer feature I believe!

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It would be difficult to support protocols like that. Currently, the Raspberry Pi supports 1080p video, so you would lose 4K resolution from your laptop. Also, the playback might induce a delay which might not be acceptable. Instead, we are considering to investigate more detailed HDMI-CEC support. We use CEC for turning the screen on and off, but it might be possible to use it to a) detect that another HDMI port was just connected, b) be able to interact with the remote, c) be able to automatically change inputs. This might make more options possible.

I am leaving this feature as “Accepted”, because the need is there and is correct, but the implementation for servicing this need might be different than the one described. If you think otherwise, feel free to comment!

5. QR Code Option

QR Code creator internal for yodeck. The thought here is there is often more information than can be read or should be displayed at one time. Perhaps there is an option for Yodeck to automatically create a QR code for pages that optionally could be included on a corner of a page allowing whoever is reading the page to pull up more information through the QR code. This would be activated by page or could be created for each although each page, when this option is selected, would need granular information to ensure the QR code directs to the correct…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do have a QR Widget that you can use to display a QR code. What is actually missing is the ability to sync Playlists. You could have the Web Pages on one Playlist and the QR Widgets on another Playlist. You would then overlay the QR Playlist above the Web Playlist and sync them, so that their timing matches and they change at the same time.

Playlist syncing is an accepted feature that we are planning to implement: http://support.yodeck.com/forums/301815-general/suggestions/32013310

Would that do?

6. Email Updates

Would it be possible for you to email up and coming firmware updates (with changelog) and scheduled maintenance to the portal please?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Concerning scheduled maintenance, we have a standard 6-week release cycle, so scheduled downtime is usually fixed. You can add our Yodeck calendar to your calendar using this link:

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=starttech.eu_i0cravf325nspu504bihnl6q68%40group.calendar.google.com

We do post an in-app notice for downtime of the Yodeck portal usually 24-48 hours in advance. We are planning to create a Status Page as well that will include a detailed health report of our platform along with scheduled maintenance notices, suing statuspage.io, which provides something like this: https://status.dropbox.com/

Also, we are planning to include some sort of in-app message center that will also include changelog notices and other important messages that users might need to read.

Hopefully, both the Status Page and the in-app message centre will be available within this year.

7. Fallback radio stream !!!

Is there a possibility for Fallback audio/radio stream?
    If it breaks the Internet connection or for some other reason terminates the connection with the radio streaming, is there a possibility to automatically broadcast audio files directly from the Yodeck player?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Falling back to local content when streaming fails is reasonable. The same goes for both Video and Audio streaming.

We will evaluate and revert, and if it is technically feasible, we will add it in our backlog soon.

8. Export Player Details to CSV - and/or allow more columns with status information to be added to the player list

We need a way to export player details to csv. For instance, I might want to export a list of our players and see what their resolutions are, fimware version, etc...

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Danish Translation

Danish translation please :D

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our translation are currently community-supported! If you are interested, please reach out and we can provide you with access to any language you can translate!

I am leaving this suggestion open until we have Danish ready (I know we are working on it)!

10. Manage email alerts on a per player basis

I have a testbench yodeck player that may not be online 24/7 (sits on my desk to test when needed). It would be nice to be able to turn off offline alerts for specific players, like my testbench player, but keep other player's alerts on.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This makes 100% sense, and there are many cases. To name a few:

- “on-off” test players
    - “known problems”, like a Player that is offline and it is actually OK to be so, e.g. due to known internet issue at the installation site
    - sites where the power to the Player is cut off every night

We are planning to support the option to mark an offline Player as “OK” until a given date or until it comes back online, so that notifications and stats are kept clean.

Concerning on-off Players, we could provide an option for customizing the timeout per Player for sending an email (currently fixed at 5 hours and 24 hours). An even more complex option would be to use a Schedule for determining when a Player should be online, but I think this would be overly complex and would not provide any significant advantage over…

11. Email alert on high temp readings

I recently discovered what a thermometer icon in the upper right hand corner meant. As my screens are in multiple locations, I was unaware that a device was experiencing a temperature threshold. This is not apparent in the GUI at all.

Can this alert email the administrators?
    Can this reading be made available in the online GUI?

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

First, keep in mind that this icon indicates that the device is overheated so it is being throttled down (lowering performance) in order to prevent the temperature from rising. This has a performance hit, but it does not affect reliability severely. So, we do not consider it a critical issue. You have “hot” devices running, and they will work fine throttled.

The device temperature is available in the “Status” tab in the Monitor details of the Yodeck portal, so it is actually available in the UI.

It does make some sense to warn the user, since the overheating can be managed so that there is no performance hit. We are planning to create a kind of message centre inside the app to provide important messages to Users, which could include some device status alerts. I am marking this suggestion as “Accepted” and we will investigate when this message center is…

12. Content Refresh

Am new with Yodeck but I would like to see either faster loading of new/changed content over typical client wifi speeds OR some way to blank the screen while new imagery is loaded. My experience so far (limited I admit) leads me to think my shows are amateurish when I have to look at periods where things are sequentially being blacked out and sequentially replaced.Makes me think of the old days when things like this were really slow. Surely there is a better way in 2018.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I guess you are talking about transition from one show to another. This will be significantly improve really soon. We are working on an improved version of the playback engine that will allow much faster transitions.

Stay tuned to see it get released!

13. integrate facial recognition cameras on yodeck

Good morning, I wanted to know if it is possible to integrate facial recognition cameras with your software? for advertisements?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are considering to add this feature to Yodeck.

Specifically, you will need to add a web camera or a Raspberry Pi Camera and use Google Coral, a USB AI module that does analytics and demographics of viewers. Total additional cost for hardware per screen would be something around $100. And you would get a) reports on number of viewers and demographics, b) triggers to change content based on demographic groups (e.g. ads targeting males over 50).

We love this feature, but, to be honest, it is a bit down the road, likely for Q1-Q2 2020. Hope you stay on board to see it getting released!

14. Content triggering

Hello,

It will be nice to be able to trigger content on demand via an external physical source like a USB button or via a UDP command form a mobile app. Features like play media on demand or be able to control playback features.

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are planning to provide trigger support within 2020.

We are now in the process of restructuring our rendering engine in order to allow several features to be implemented. One of these features is triggers. We are planning to initially support UDP, TCP/HTTP, GPIO events, and then support keyboard/mouse events.

[Draft Specs follow:] Triggers will be available as a different menu item, in order to manage, set them up, test them, and so on. After setting them up, Users will be able to use them in Playlists, e.g. to skip a Media (or Subplaylist) entry, jump to specific Media (or Subplaylist) entry, and so on.

15. Multiple WiFi Profiles

It would be great if we could configure multiple wifi profiles on the device and set priority. This way it could connect to a "Primary WiFi" (ideally the customers) but if it can't and a tech is on site, have it connect to their hotspot as a backup and have it preprogrammed (I.e. if you can't connect to customer wifi, connect to a failover wifi profile we can configure through the portal.) Typically we provision the device before it goes out to customer this way in theory it's plug and play if they provide us with the correct wifi info…

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. New widget for news feed

I suggest a new widget for non-scrolling text for news / RSS Feed, which would display the entire message for 5 - 10 seconds.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are growing the Yodeck team with more developers and designers. Within September, we will start working on existing Widgets to make them better looking and more efficient. And we will also start working on new Widgets.

Stay tuned!

17. New widgets

I would like to see more widgets. A better time widget. A better weather widget. I would like to add a wether cam widget.

60 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are growing the Yodeck team with more developers and designers. Within September, we will start working on existing Widgets to make them better looking and more efficient. And we will also start working on new Widgets; social widgets to start with!

18. Playlist: import only the files that are not yet present, to avoid duplications.

You can select all the files in a folder and import. But when you add a lot of files to a folder and you want to add only those in the playlist it becomes laborious to look for them one by one.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have released a new feature called Tag Playlists. You assign Media with Tags and then you can create dynamic Playlists using combinations of Media Tags. Then, when you upload a Media, you also add the required Tags, so that they get pulled into the Tag Playlists.

That might work in your case.

In the long run, we are also planning to provide Folder-based Playlists, so that all Media in the specific Folders are automatically included in a Playlist.

19. Caching Web Pages on the Player

Support caching on Web Pages - for pages that are relatively static it would be useful to cache them in the player instead of repeatedly going out to the internet for slowly changing content. I use the webpage feature to pull in a local weather feed - the page hoster noticed that I'm polling 500+ times/day - I'd really like to only look for an updated page every 30 minutes or so.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature is already in our roadmap. It is closely related to the “Refresh” feature for Web Pages.

We are planning to provide an option that will enable you not to “cache” the Web Page, but instead take a “screenshot” of the page, store it and show it for the duration specified by the user, and then refresh it.

This will be provided soon, towards mid-2019.

20. Vertical Text Scroll

Please add a vertical scrolling text widget

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)