General

1. OneDrive Integration

Direction integration with OneDrive for Playlists would be awesome for our 356 setup here.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Manage email alerts on a per player basis

I have a testbench yodeck player that may not be online 24/7 (sits on my desk to test when needed). It would be nice to be able to turn off offline alerts for specific players, like my testbench player, but keep other player's alerts on.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This makes 100% sense, and there are many cases. To name a few:

- “on-off” test players
    - “known problems”, like a Player that is offline and it is actually OK to be so, e.g. due to known internet issue at the installation site
    - sites where the power to the Player is cut off every night

We are planning to support the option to mark an offline Player as “OK” until a given date or until it comes back online, so that notifications and stats are kept clean.

Concerning on-off Players, we could provide an option for customizing the timeout per Player for sending an email (currently fixed at 5 hours and 24 hours). An even more complex option would be to use a Schedule for determining when a Player should be online, but I think this would be overly complex and would not provide any significant advantage over…

3. Email alert on high temp readings

I recently discovered what a thermometer icon in the upper right hand corner meant. As my screens are in multiple locations, I was unaware that a device was experiencing a temperature threshold. This is not apparent in the GUI at all.

Can this alert email the administrators?
    Can this reading be made available in the online GUI?

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First, keep in mind that this icon indicates that the device is overheated so it is being throttled down (lowering performance) in order to prevent the temperature from rising. This has a performance hit, but it does not affect reliability severely. So, we do not consider it a critical issue. You have “hot” devices running, and they will work fine throttled.

The device temperature is available in the “Status” tab in the Monitor details of the Yodeck portal, so it is actually available in the UI.

It does make some sense to warn the user, since the overheating can be managed so that there is no performance hit. We are planning to create a kind of message centre inside the app to provide important messages to Users, which could include some device status alerts. I am marking this suggestion as “Accepted” and we will investigate when this message center is…

4. Broadcast a Message

Broadcast an immediate message on all screens or a group of screens.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Although it sounds interesting, this feature needs refinement.

In the new version to be released this week, we do have a text Widget. You could add this text Widget to all Shows on top of all other content. You would set it to transparent background and do not type anything. Then, when ever you wanted to sent a message, you would edit the Widget, type the message, and push to all devices. But would this suffice as an “emergency broadcast”?

If you are interested in this feature, please leave more comments and discuss further.

5. LinkedIn widget

LinkedIn widget to track activity on a company's LinkedIn page.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add wind chill and wind speed/direction

It would be nice to be able to display the wind chill and wind speed/direction for colder climate areas.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Improved Widgets & Widget Themes

Improved Widgets.

I'd like to see the widgets be developed with a little more depth. They are nice, but sometimes they don't really work the way one would expect them to. Not a deal-breaker, but it would be nice to have really polished options when it comes to widgets.

Editing by Yodeck: Title changed to reflect our proposed solution: Widget Themes

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are in the process of building an internal design team that will help with the look and feel of Widgets. We are planning to build something like “themes” so that Widgets can adhere to specific fonts, styles, etc, so that adding multiple Widgets will have some consistency.

8. Nu.nl widget for Dutch news

A news widget based that allows a custom RSS feed to display news in other languages than English (e.g. RSS feeds from NU.nl or Telegraaf.nl)
    The current custom RSS options don't allow for news feeds with pictures.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Widget that run under conditions

Widget that only appear if webpage behind is, has been updated. Like severe weather, amber alert, police notice, etc.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Audio Muting options for video clips

Possibly a simple fix for a major improvement?

In addition to using 'background audio' option in a show (which replaces all sound with the new 'background audio muting all other sound') one also can currently add sound(s) directly into a show and all sound from videos or widgets are mixed with show sounds. Both these options are awesome! but the problem is sometimes its great to mix the sounds and other times not.

A simple solution would be to add 2 options when adding/configuring a video clip, either from youtube, direct upload or live stream. Option 1: Use Audio Y/N?…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make the function of setting the volume of the sound of each video, when forming a playlist.

Thanks again to you and your colleagues for the fact that in January 2019 you plan to make it possible to adjust the sound on the monitors on a schedule.
    Do not think for arrogance. :)
    Maybe your colleagues - programmers will be able to make the function of setting the volume of the sound of each video, when forming a playlist. This will help solve the following problem. Not all advertisers provide commercials with high-quality sound. When videos with low-quality, quiet sound in one playlist are located next to the rollers, where the sound is of high quality, loud.…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. More customizable admin roles

Allow more roles to be created for administration roles (creating/managing users, creating/managing workspaces, etc) without having to give full administrator role to the user account.
    Here's my use-case:
    I want to be able to create a "user admin" that can create/delete user accounts.
    I want to create a different role where I can grant access to any current and future workspace without having to go grant them specific access every time a new workspace is created.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Calendar Event Feed Widget with Upcoming Events only

Could you make the app shows only the upcoming events? It is the end of month and it shows all past events in January. I want it to show the upcoming events only.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Playlist/Shows Transitions

Moving from One Playlist to another in a schedule is not very clean right now. If the system can either pre-load the next playlist so that it behaves like a new clip, or hold a pre-defined slide so that the screen does not go black between changes.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have started working on this! Content transitions, either when pushing updated content or when changing content due to scheduling, will be dynamically loading, so content won’t go through that balck screen!

Stay tuned!

17. Traffic Alerts

Customisation and display of traffic alerts on set roads / routes

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow for USB Mass Storage / Boot

It would be good to allow for USB mass storage access. I have about a TB of 4k videos I would stream to a number of boxes and an SD card isn't the best way to deliver it. Plus if I can boot off an SSD drive vs a SD drive the read performance will be much improved.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Meeting room signage with Database

Meeting room Signage with Schedule facility and which can store customer name and Event details.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. IFTTT

It is very difficult to find a reasonably priced signage solution with IFTTT capabilities. Most are only offered in expensive enterprise suites, if at all. I would like our sign to change the playlist when a web button (interactive wifi button) is pushed, or when the office alarm is armed (Ring) to show after-hours messages.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base