General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Change Input on Schedule

Add the ability to set the input of the TV via CEC with an existing schedule. For example, when I start content (turn the TV on), reset the input of the TV to a specific HDMI input.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will be creating a special Widget that will allow you to switch to specific HDMI inputs, or switch to the Live TV. All of this will happen through the HDMI cable using the HDMI-CEC protocol.

DISCLAIMER: This might not work with all screen brands. We will be performing tests to let our Users know some brands that work with this, but we can’t really test all brands out there.

In order to further improve compatibility, this Widget will also allow you to setup custom HDMI-CEC commands, so that you can control your TV.

Since this feature will be a Widget, it means that you will be able to add it to a Playlist (e.g. playback a 20" video and then switch to Live TV, and loop this), or add it to a schedule to have timed changes.

2. Better Widgets

more widgets and rss feeds available with better ways of setting them up.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Screen sharing

I would be great if the yodeck device would also support screen mirroring (miracast, widi, airplay)? Use case: have signage in meeting rooms (when people come in, are not projecting,...), but as soon as the meeting starts: be able to mirror laptop screens (all brands) for regular meetings too. Would be a killer feature I believe!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It would be difficult to support protocols like that. Currently, the Raspberry Pi supports 1080p video, so you would lose 4K resolution from your laptop. Also, the playback might induce a delay which might not be acceptable. Instead, we are considering to investigate more detailed HDMI-CEC support. We use CEC for turning the screen on and off, but it might be possible to use it to a) detect that another HDMI port was just connected, b) be able to interact with the remote, c) be able to automatically change inputs. This might make more options possible.

I am leaving this feature as “Accepted”, because the need is there and is correct, but the implementation for servicing this need might be different than the one described. If you think otherwise, feel free to comment!

4. scrolling widget

document scrolling widget

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Email Updates

Would it be possible for you to email up and coming firmware updates (with changelog) and scheduled maintenance to the portal please?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Concerning scheduled maintenance, we have a standard 6-week release cycle, so scheduled downtime is usually fixed. You can add our Yodeck calendar to your calendar using this link:

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=starttech.eu_i0cravf325nspu504bihnl6q68%40group.calendar.google.com

We do post an in-app notice for downtime of the Yodeck portal usually 24-48 hours in advance. We are planning to create a Status Page as well that will include a detailed health report of our platform along with scheduled maintenance notices, suing statuspage.io, which provides something like this: https://status.dropbox.com/

Also, we are planning to include some sort of in-app message center that will also include changelog notices and other important messages that users might need to read.

Hopefully, both the Status Page and the in-app message centre will be available within this year.

6. RSS text box for defined period of time

An RSS feed that does not need to scroll. A widget that would post the content in a text box for a defined period of time, then move to the next piece of content in the RSS.

ie. Text 1 in a box for 15seconds, then Text 2 in the same box for 15 seconds, then Text 3 etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Countdown Timer - More Options

I would love to see the ability to make changes to what is displayed on the countdown timer widget. More specifically, the ability to remove the seconds from the timer so that it counts down by minute.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Live Video Time Limit/ End Duration

Be able to set a time limit on a live video. If I put a live video in my playlist, it will never go to the next piece of media in my playlist. I want to be able to put it in for a specific number of seconds/ mins

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Export Player Details to CSV - and/or allow more columns with status information to be added to the player list

We need a way to export player details to csv. For instance, I might want to export a list of our players and see what their resolutions are, fimware version, etc...

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. AUTO SCHEDULED UPLOAD

Auto update images on content by auto updload from a web server, to make a img slide but not online slideshow

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. change video duration

define youtube videos duration.dor example it could stop some time before the end of the video.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. live message screen

A way that people can send messages to the Yodeck which are displayed on the screen.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Improved Widgets & Widget Themes

Improved Widgets.

I'd like to see the widgets be developed with a little more depth. They are nice, but sometimes they don't really work the way one would expect them to. Not a deal-breaker, but it would be nice to have really polished options when it comes to widgets.

Editing by Yodeck: Title changed to reflect our proposed solution: Widget Themes

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are in the process of building an internal design team that will help with the look and feel of Widgets. We are planning to build something like “themes” so that Widgets can adhere to specific fonts, styles, etc, so that adding multiple Widgets will have some consistency.

14. Manage email alerts on a per player basis

I have a testbench yodeck player that may not be online 24/7 (sits on my desk to test when needed). It would be nice to be able to turn off offline alerts for specific players, like my testbench player, but keep other player's alerts on.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This makes 100% sense, and there are many cases. To name a few:

- “on-off” test players
    - “known problems”, like a Player that is offline and it is actually OK to be so, e.g. due to known internet issue at the installation site
    - sites where the power to the Player is cut off every night

We are planning to support the option to mark an offline Player as “OK” until a given date or until it comes back online, so that notifications and stats are kept clean.

Concerning on-off Players, we could provide an option for customizing the timeout per Player for sending an email (currently fixed at 5 hours and 24 hours). An even more complex option would be to use a Schedule for determining when a Player should be online, but I think this would be overly complex and would not provide any significant advantage over…

15. Google Fonts and image perspective support

I think it would be cool to add support for Google Fonts. Allowing the devices to use the font library provided by Google.

The other "idea" I have is, I think another cool feature would be to allow images to be adjusted for perspective (skew). This would allow images to be adjusted to fit within backgrounds with angled frames (like a billboard for example)

Thanks for your consideration of these features!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Backup/Next WiFi Password.

A backup WiFi password. Our WiFi passwords change regularly in the middle of the night, and there's no good way to do enter new password on the Yodeck when WiFi is the only way to access device. If you enter it too early, you loose access until change, and after change, there's no access at all.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. HISTORY INTERNET CONNECTION

we would like to know the internet connection history of a determining device.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. QR Code Option

QR Code creator internal for yodeck. The thought here is there is often more information than can be read or should be displayed at one time. Perhaps there is an option for Yodeck to automatically create a QR code for pages that optionally could be included on a corner of a page allowing whoever is reading the page to pull up more information through the QR code. This would be activated by page or could be created for each although each page, when this option is selected, would need granular information to ensure the QR code directs to the correct…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We do have a QR Widget that you can use to display a QR code. What is actually missing is the ability to sync Playlists. You could have the Web Pages on one Playlist and the QR Widgets on another Playlist. You would then overlay the QR Playlist above the Web Playlist and sync them, so that their timing matches and they change at the same time.

Playlist syncing is an accepted feature that we are planning to implement: http://support.yodeck.com/forums/301815-general/suggestions/32013310

Would that do?

19. Support MHTML Webpages.

MHTML Support

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In Google Calendar fallback

In Google Calendar it would be nice to have an option to make some sort of fallback
    If using Google calendar and there are no internet it could show an image generated of the calendar every day.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base