General

1. Scrolling Emergency Alert Widget

Scrolling Ticker Widget showing alerts for Severe Weather, Amber Alert, etc. Usually invisible but will scroll a bold message when appropriate.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rotate Content on the Show building

It will be nice to rotate the frames on the design of the show, not only horizontal or Vertical.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add a webcam

Maybe you can add the support of a little web cam.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Notification of Start/Expiry dates for Media

On the playlist it would be useful to have some sort of notification of the dates set for each media, i.e date due to start playing and date due to end

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Multiple WiFi Profiles

It would be great if we could configure multiple wifi profiles on the device and set priority. This way it could connect to a "Primary WiFi" (ideally the customers) but if it can't and a tech is on site, have it connect to their hotspot as a backup and have it preprogrammed (I.e. if you can't connect to customer wifi, connect to a failover wifi profile we can configure through the portal.) Typically we provision the device before it goes out to customer this way in theory it's plug and play if they provide us with the correct wifi info…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Content triggering

Hello,

It will be nice to be able to trigger content on demand via an external physical source like a USB button or via a UDP command form a mobile app. Features like play media on demand or be able to control playback features.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are planning to provide trigger support within 2020.

We are now in the process of restructuring our rendering engine in order to allow several features to be implemented. One of these features is triggers. We are planning to initially support UDP, TCP/HTTP, GPIO events, and then support keyboard/mouse events.

[Draft Specs follow:] Triggers will be available as a different menu item, in order to manage, set them up, test them, and so on. After setting them up, Users will be able to use them in Playlists, e.g. to skip a Media (or Subplaylist) entry, jump to specific Media (or Subplaylist) entry, and so on.

7. Add more scheduling options

Currently, the Monthly schedule option is numeric-based. I would like the ability to set a schedule based on the day of the week. (e.g. third Tuesday of the month)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bulk Upload - Set Default Time

In the bulk image upload, I would like to be able to set a default time for all of the images. Ideally, I would like to have a bulk upload where you attach the files, it shows you the list of file names, and lets you select a default time for each before you click upload.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Touchscreen Support

Touchscreen Support

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We do have customers using touchscreens with Yodeck. We do plan to provide some better support for configuring the touchscreen.

Touchscreens are usable with Widgets and Web Page, and we plan to expand support for navigating content (move to next, previous) and add support for an on-screen keyboard and navigation buttons for the web browser.

10. enable hardware acceleration for the webkit browser

we need a browser that supports hardware acceleration in order to have video or animation render in the browser smoothly. Currently even simple animation isn't smooth, and is really limiting what we can use Yodeck for. This is particularly problematic with custom widgets where our hands are tied as far as development goes because everything that moves is choppy. It looks like others have developed webkit based browsers that support hardware acceleration that could be similar to what we would need in yodeck? https://forums.resin.io/t/fullscreen-webkit-browser-with-hw-accelerated-css-webgl-and-html5-video-on-the-raspberrypi-3/741

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. New widgets

I would like to see more widgets. A better time widget. A better weather widget. I would like to add a wether cam widget.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are growing the Yodeck team with more developers and designers. Within September, we will start working on existing Widgets to make them better looking and more efficient. And we will also start working on new Widgets; social widgets to start with!

12. provide a quick mechanism to override the current schedule

I am envisioning something like exists on a typical programmable thermostat, which allow you to override the schedule without actually editing the schedule. I am using the signs in a church, and most of the time the schedule works well, however if there is a special service day or time change, I'd like to be able to say "play show X now" - either forever or until a certain time. After I cancel the override, or the time is reached, then the normal schedule resumes.

Currently the only way I seem to be able to do this is to modify…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Restrict Media to specific time

I want to build a tag based playlist, where in the morning comes picture A and in the evening picture B. I can them both with "Tag Morning" and "Tag Evening". And build two playlists. But i think it can be easier to set a time or date range, like in the scheduler, right in the media settings. So that Picture A is only showed in the morning.
    Is this possible?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Show Priority for Emergency Messages.

Creating priority levels for shows. This way if you are using the screens in a building and a fire alarm sounds, you can have a show setup for fire alarms (with instructions) that you can quickly login, trigger it to play and once finished can have it revert back to your main screen.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Live Chat Support

It would be great and very helpful if Yodeck able to provide live chat support.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to provide Live Chat support, we need to have tech support agents available 24/7. Right now, we are generally available through email between 4am-4pm (US Eastern time) on weekdays and same hours for urgent issues on weekends. We are planning to extend this to cover the whole 24 hours as soon as we have the resources required.

16. make it easier to use OR operations when filtering media for a tag based playlist.

Having to click Add More to in order to filter by OR is kind of confusing. The phrase "add more" doesn't seem to suggest that OR is an option and I didn't find anything on the support pages to suggest this is how I would filter with OR. I think it would be easier to navigate if you could just choose the operator AND/OR between tags in the list.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Integrate with Zapier

Do an integration with https://zapier.com/ , thus providing integration with a multitude of online services, like Dropbox, Google Drive, and other services.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. integrate facial recognition cameras on yodeck

Good morning, I wanted to know if it is possible to integrate facial recognition cameras with your software? for advertisements?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are considering to add this feature to Yodeck.

Specifically, you will need to add a web camera or a Raspberry Pi Camera and use Google Coral, a USB AI module that does analytics and demographics of viewers. Total additional cost for hardware per screen would be something around $100. And you would get a) reports on number of viewers and demographics, b) triggers to change content based on demographic groups (e.g. ads targeting males over 50).

We love this feature, but, to be honest, it is a bit down the road, likely for Q1-Q2 2020. Hope you stay on board to see it getting released!

19. Shuffle or randomise playlists playback

Allow playlists to be randomised or shuffled

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow control of devices that support RS-232 over Ethernet.

Media Control via RS-232 over Ethernet.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We do provide an option for a custom power script that allows you to override the way screen powering on/off works.

For what else would that make sense? Please provide more context and use-cases so that we can investigate in detail and evaluate how we could do something like this.

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base