General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Not show the PDF icon but preview of content

When you have several PDFs in the media library, they all look the same in the playlist and available files in the library.

I like that I can easily identify that the current item is a PDF, but as with videos, I'd like a preview of the first page or similar. As of now there's a lot of mouse hovering to identify what PDF is what.

I suggest a small PDF icon in the bottom right, and a preview of what the PDF contains.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    • Internet USB key (3G / 4G dongle)

Internet USB key auto connection.

6 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

We are planning to add some basic support for USB 3G/4G dongles out of the box. We will be conducting tests and see how this goes. This will be worked on by the end of the year.

However, we do not yet have access to an extended set of USB dongle, so that we can test them in detail.

• Asset Expiration

I realize this has been submitted before (goo.gl/hblJRN), but after talking through the issue with support I was encouraged to submit it again for a second look.

It would be extremely helpful to have expiration dates for assets. I understand YoDeck's push is for this to happen through Schedules. As a user I would make use of Schedules to push Shows at certain times of day or cycle in seasonal Shows (such as a Christmas-themed variant). However, with the amount of assets we potentially need to change, Schedules do not seem to be a sustainable solution.

Our organization has many…

30 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

After public demand, we are moving this forward! This has been planned for the NOVEMBER-24 release.

A new field will be added in Images to set an expiration date/time. All places where Image-Media is shown (listings, Playlists, Show Media selection, etc) will be modified so that expired Media can be easily identified.

• Master Playlists that can play multiple sub-playlists

Ability to have a Master Playlist that can play sub-playlists. (i.e. for Real Estate).
          -- Master Playlist -- Current Listings
          -- 123 Maple St. Listing
          -- 590 Maroon Bell Ave. Listing
          -- 9029 E. Main St.

33 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  Admin →

We will be implementing this by the end of 2017.

We will be probably adding SubPlaylists as a new type of playlist. So, you will have:

- Playlists (accept Media and SubPlaylists as items)
            - SubPlaylists (accept only Media as items)

This is only 2-levels deep; no Playlists of SubPlaylists of SubPlaylists, and so on…

• Provide transition effects

Would like ability to do basic effects like crossfades between images in a playlist. I can do this by making a video of slides and that works great, but a feature like this would be better.

45 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

We will be implementing OpenGL-based image playback, and we will be implementing transition options.

Minimum transition that will be provided is cross-fading and fade-through-black or white. Hopefully, most of the transitions here will work: http://transitions.glsl.io/ if they do, it will be really awesome.

This feature has been delayed. We first need to provide our new rendering engine that will allow to utilize the GPU of the Player. The new rendering engine release is now on beta. After we have the new rendering engine tested and working well, and after we have released it on our standard site, then we will start working on the transitions. Generally, the whole transitions mechanisms will need change, in order to provide better Playlist management internally during Playback. So, transition effects might take a while to arrive.

In the mean time, we will be providing a HTML-based Widget, providing slide and cross-fade transitions with…

• Add playback reports per media, per show, and per player, for reporting to advertisers

Ad agencies need reports on what has been played back. We need exact reports on what has played.

13 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Admin →

We have started preliminary work on this.

We expect playback reports to be available early Jan 2017. You will be able to get a report for individual Media level.

• Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base