General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Provide transition effects

Would like ability to do basic effects like crossfades between images in a playlist. I can do this by making a video of slides and that works great, but a feature like this would be better.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)

We will be implementing OpenGL-based image playback, and we will be implementing transition options.

Minimum transition that will be provided is cross-fading and fade-through-black or white. Hopefully, most of the transitions here will work: http://transitions.glsl.io/ if they do, it will be really awesome.

This feature has been delayed. We first need to provide our new rendering engine that will allow to utilize the GPU of the Player. The new rendering engine release is now on beta. After we have the new rendering engine tested and working well, and after we have released it on our standard site, then we will start working on the transitions. Generally, the whole transitions mechanisms will need change, in order to provide better Playlist management internally during Playback. So, transition effects might take a while to arrive.

In the mean time, we will be providing a HTML-based Widget, providing slide and cross-fade transitions with…

• Add Support for Video Walls

Please consider providing video wall support. 2x2 would be sufficient for our needs. Thanks!

11 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        I agree to the terms of service
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        You have left! (?) (thinking…)

We are indeed planning to provide this feature. But it won’t be available soon in its FULL implementation, since it requires a lot of testing and development.

The “Live TV” idea (http://support.yodeck.com/forums/301815-general/suggestions/13350114-ability-to-add-live-tv) is closely related. Initial testing shows that the LKV373A can be used for the video wall successfully and with high quality.

This device works as an HDMI-to-LAN converter (actually, it converts the HDMI signal to an RTP H.264 streaming video). Costs about $36, here is a link on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191750919298

This will allow us to quickly deliver a well-balanced solution. You will be able to use X+1 Players for supporting X number of screens (in any orientation or relative position) . The output of the “master” Player will be connected to the above HDMI-to-RTP device, and all other Player will reproduce their respective part of the output. Then, you would create a…

• Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base