General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. schedules reboot

It would be great to be able to schedule an auto reboot. Some of my players need to be rebooted 2 or 3 times a week.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. WIFI - on site manual choosing by client or technician

Option to manually enter WIFI name and password directly to "Player". This would be really appreciated.

e.g.: Client connects keyboard and mouse. After pressing some keyboard shortcut(e.g. ALT+W) graphic window will pop up and allow to choose wifi and set password.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Twitter widget?

Is there a plan to add social media widgets? I saw someone post an idea for a widget store but if a default twitter widget were available that could be very useful. Mentions on one display and a complete twitter feed on the other would be ideal.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. add more detailed status of downloading show.

Seeing that a new push is downloading is great, but it would be nice to see more detail - MBs remaining, time remaining, percentage to 100%, etc.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We now provide the content status of your Players. You can see through the Portal if a Player is downloading, is up to date, or outdated (e.g. when being offline), scheduled to download, etc. This provides more confidence, so that you know that Players have been updated even if they got offline, and that the Push went through fine to all Players.

This will be available to all Users in our upcoming release, scheduled for April 12th, 2019.

5. Fix Transparency in Playlists for Video and PDF Content

Playlists that contain media of various aspect ratios inevitably have empty space when the content is scaled to fit.

With images, the extraneous space is transparent, which looks great. For videos and PDFs, the empty space is filled in black. This doesn't look so hot. This is the only major issue we're waiting on to roll out now, so a fix would be very much appreciated when possible.

Thanks.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Instagram Social Wall for posts tagged to a location or selected hashtags.

A social wall widget for Instagram would be a great feature. It would be nice to pull from users Instagram photos which are location tagged to the outlet or that use particular hashtags.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Phone Support

I just need to speak with someone on the phone to help me through the setup process. Just need quick help without going through email!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We do provide a phone number that you can call and ask for assistance:

(+1) 415-992-6050

On the other hand, we do recommend reaching out through our ticketing system. This ensures that our tech guys will see your request. The phone is answered by Customer Success, so they cannot resolve deep technical issues.

8. Provide Monitor Groups

Adding monitor groups would allow a user to group monitors and massively assign schedules to them.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have released tag-based management of monitors, so mass management is possible. And you can treat tags exactly like groups.

We will also add an option to “pin” several tags to the monitor’s list, so that you can have quick click-only access to some favorite groups.

9. Add fit/crop option for playback of images or videos

When playing a playlist of images or videos, the content is cropped to cover the whole area specified in the show editor. There should be an option to fit content inside the area. This way, when showing both landscape-sized and portrait-sized content in the same playlist, they will not be cropped and everything will show up correctly.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support custom zoom factor per web page

Some pages may not look nice when used in a hi-res display through Yodeck. Adding a zoom factor will allow to modify the page so that it is more readable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Keep cookies after restart

It's a very important thing to keep the cookies after reboot.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Vpn connectivity

Would be nice to have an option for outgoing IPSEC or sstp vpn connectivity to a custom vpn server.

Reason for this : Multiple installations across client sites, network monitoring (device ping would be great) and ssh login without need from customer site network reconfiguration or port forwarding.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Custom aspect ratios

We are planning to use Yodeck on big LED displays which are built with 32x32 modules. It works fine otherwise, but it's not very intuitive if aspect ratio does not match on the Show editor.

For example, display has 480*96 resolution. This is 16:3.2 .. Yodeck has choices 16:4.5 and 16:3, which means 480x135 or 480x90. When editing with 16:4.5, you have to remember not put anything on the bottom or it won't be visible.

So, why can't I set the aspect ratio to any custom values?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. TV turn on and off

option for turning TV on and off should be implemented, and it should have support for manual and automatic manipulation

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We support turning the screen On/Off using the special “Turned Off” Show. We are also releasing end of July a new version that allows you to explicitly turn the TV on/off using a button.

I am closing this as completed, since the release of half the request is imminent.

15. CSS CUSTOMIZATION

Info about the CSS customization

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We provide full CSS customization. Out of the box, this is available as a feature to our Whitelabel reselling partners, so that they can use their own branding. We do not see frequent requests on CSS customization by direct customers for their own organization.

I am closing this request as completed, since it is already possible. If you need CSS customization, reach out to our tech support with your request and we may be able to accommodate it.

16. Duplicate screen

Would it be possible to add an "Duplicate screen" button to the Monitor page? This way the settings could be copied form an existing screen. The name and registration number for the new screen could be given for example in an popup dialog.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Set Advanced Player Directives to multiple displays

I would like to set a custom script (Advanced Player Directives) for multiple displays with one command.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Subfolders visible when creating playlist

If I can save videos in subfolders, I should be able to access those subfolders when making playlists. Otherwise, whats the point of subfolders?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You need to enable the “Folder View” toggle on the top-right corner of the Playlist editor.

Go ahead and edit a playlist. If you enable the "Folder View toggle while in the editor, you will see a different user interface that allows you to use folder and manage higher number of Media easily.

20. Remote shell / reboot

It would be great to have remote access to the pi OS via the web portal (piSignage supports it).

Sometimes I need to reboot, or remotely shut down, and there's no way at the moment.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Users now have a “Reboot” and “Shutdown” action within the Monitor details.

We still do not provide remote shell, but it is possible to do so. If you think there is a need for that, please post a new suggestion on the forum.

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base

alert("Hello! I am an alert box!!");