I suggest you ...

Remote shell / reboot

It would be great to have remote access to the pi OS via the web portal (piSignage supports it).

Sometimes I need to reboot, or remotely shut down, and there's no way at the moment.

21 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Iain shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminYodeck Support (Admin, Yodeck) responded  · 

Back in Aug 2017, we developed this feature using the Microsoft Azure IoT Suite. Although in theory it sounded like a great platform, in reality it was a complete waste of resource. The specific platform had limited support for Python (the programming language we use), was too limiting, forcing us to disable the feature and stop further development.

Since then, we have decided to re-implement an improved way to communicate with the devices. This will use an infrastructure that we will setup and maintain ourselves, giving us more control and flexibility. Development will commence around end of Q2-2018 and we will have a beta release for the reboot button within 2 months.

Feature-wise, we will provide Action buttons in each Monitor entry to remotely reboot/shutdown the Player, as well as other actions, like turn the TV on/off, delete all Media cache, remotely re-image the Player with the latest SD card image, and more. The first action, though, will a Reboot.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Hey I see this feature was five weeks out around 7 months ago. So I know it is available but for the life of me I can not find it. Can you post how to do this or do I need to open a ticket?

• Promo TV commented  · 

hello... any progress till' now?

Feedback and Knowledge Base