General

1. Sync Multiple Pi's timing to allow Full-Res videos to be coordinated over multiple TVs.

A way to sync multiple Raspberry Pi's for coordinated video over multiple monitors using their full resolution.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support Vimeo

There are two major video platforms in the world: YouTube and Vimeo. One is preferred by professionals for its emphasis on quality over quantity, but Yodeck only supports the other one. Implementing Vimeo support is just as easy as implementing YouTube support and would make Yodeck a more viable option for professional marketers whose video content is already on the Vimeo platform.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Email alert on high temp readings

I recently discovered what a thermometer icon in the upper right hand corner meant. As my screens are in multiple locations, I was unaware that a device was experiencing a temperature threshold. This is not apparent in the GUI at all.

Can this alert email the administrators?
    Can this reading be made available in the online GUI?

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

First, keep in mind that this icon indicates that the device is overheated so it is being throttled down (lowering performance) in order to prevent the temperature from rising. This has a performance hit, but it does not affect reliability severely. So, we do not consider it a critical issue. You have “hot” devices running, and they will work fine throttled.

The device temperature is available in the “Status” tab in the Monitor details of the Yodeck portal, so it is actually available in the UI.

It does make some sense to warn the user, since the overheating can be managed so that there is no performance hit. We are planning to create a kind of message centre inside the app to provide important messages to Users, which could include some device status alerts. I am marking this suggestion as “Accepted” and we will investigate when this message center is…

4. VNC server app installation

Inclusion of VNC to allow connections to display screen to see what IS being display, not just see a thumbnail of what should be displayed.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Publish to Intranet

With all of the covid related work from home mandates, people are no longer in the office walking by our YoDeck boards. I would really like to publish YoDeck content to an intranet page so people could continue to get our communications. This could also help with remote field employees who rarely come into the office.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow Physical Address Instead of Coordinates for the Location of the Player

Most of the time, the unit detects a location "close" to where it is actually installed, but I would like to be able to add an address to notate the actual address of the player.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add more scheduling options

Currently, the Monthly schedule option is numeric-based. I would like the ability to set a schedule based on the day of the week. (e.g. third Tuesday of the month)

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 2 Video Streams

Multiple Video streams,

if using the new Pi 3B+ we should be able to have 2 videos playing at the same time, or allow animated GIF's to make the display appear more active.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. WPA2-Enterprise

Even though this service is commonly used by companies, there is a severe lack of support for WPA2-Enterprise. The functionality should support all of the following:

• Authentication with certificate.

• Authentication with username and password.

• Allow automatic renewal of certificate.

• Insecure authentication which ignore lack of certification.

Currently this has to be done manually which is really risky, as soon as you use the integrated web functionality, it will overwrite all previous settings, setting the RPi in a state which forces manual configuration by hardware retrieval.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hourly repetitive schedule request

Easily schedule media repetitive playback on the hourly basis. It would be great to schedule a photo or video to repeat onece or more times per hour, without having to manually create such a schedule. For example, Photo 1 would display every hour on a ceratain day for 5 mi utes at 9, 10, 11, 12, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. Then again at 9:15, 10:15, 11:15, etc. This would be great for restaurants or similar establishments to “inject” a advertisement as needed.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Audio Muting options for video clips

Possibly a simple fix for a major improvement?

In addition to using 'background audio' option in a show (which replaces all sound with the new 'background audio muting all other sound') one also can currently add sound(s) directly into a show and all sound from videos or widgets are mixed with show sounds. Both these options are awesome! but the problem is sometimes its great to mix the sounds and other times not.

A simple solution would be to add 2 options when adding/configuring a video clip, either from youtube, direct upload or live stream. Option 1: Use Audio Y/N?…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow for expanding Player available storage through USB flash drives

Since SD storage is limited, it would be great to add support for expanding storage through USB drives

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. provide a quick mechanism to override the current schedule

I am envisioning something like exists on a typical programmable thermostat, which allow you to override the schedule without actually editing the schedule. I am using the signs in a church, and most of the time the schedule works well, however if there is a special service day or time change, I'd like to be able to say "play show X now" - either forever or until a certain time. After I cancel the override, or the time is reached, then the normal schedule resumes.

Currently the only way I seem to be able to do this is to modify…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support left-to-right scrolling for right-to-left languages

Support right-to-left languages (like Arabic and Hebrew) for the RSS ticker

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. More customizable admin roles

Allow more roles to be created for administration roles (creating/managing users, creating/managing workspaces, etc) without having to give full administrator role to the user account.
    Here's my use-case:
    I want to be able to create a "user admin" that can create/delete user accounts.
    I want to create a different role where I can grant access to any current and future workspace without having to go grant them specific access every time a new workspace is created.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add wind chill and wind speed/direction

It would be nice to be able to display the wind chill and wind speed/direction for colder climate areas.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Traffic Alerts

Customisation and display of traffic alerts on set roads / routes

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Meeting room signage with Database

Meeting room Signage with Schedule facility and which can store customer name and Event details.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We would like to be able to synchronise various videos over different monitors.

Allows "interaction" between different screens using different videos e.g. 2 people talking to each other from one screen to the next.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are planning to provide support for playback synchronization across Playlists within the same device and across Playlists on different devices. This will be provided as a toggle called “synced playback” on Playlists. It will use the current time to sync playback across all Playlists marked as synced.

This will come towards the end of Q3-2019. In the meantime, we have a workaround that has the same effect with some restrictions and a bit weird setup. Reach out if you want to try it out.

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base