I suggest you ...

Provide transition effects

Would like ability to do basic effects like crossfades between images in a playlist. I can do this by making a video of slides and that works great, but a feature like this would be better.

48 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminYodeck Support (Admin, Yodeck) responded  · 

We will be implementing OpenGL-based image playback, and we will be implementing transition options.

Minimum transition that will be provided is cross-fading and fade-through-black or white. Hopefully, most of the transitions here will work: http://transitions.glsl.io/ if they do, it will be really awesome.

This feature has been delayed. We first need to provide our new rendering engine that will allow to utilize the GPU of the Player. The new rendering engine release is now on beta. After we have the new rendering engine tested and working well, and after we have released it on our standard site, then we will start working on the transitions. Generally, the whole transitions mechanisms will need change, in order to provide better Playlist management internally during Playback. So, transition effects might take a while to arrive.

In the mean time, we will be providing a HTML-based Widget, providing slide and cross-fade transitions with online images. We have this working on beta right now. It is a bit cumbersome to work with (you need to provide online URLs for the images), but we plan to improve it soon.

The current beta is expected to be released on our production site in mid-January.

Overall, we are planning to provide much better and smoother solution based on OpenGL, so we will not be closing this idea yet.

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andrew commented  · 

Would love to know the status of this idea - it's very greatly desired!

• Jon commented  · 

Any update on these transitions effects??

• stephan commented  · 

any news on this? really want this to work in the playlist, thanks!

• Rocco commented  · 

Aside from transition effects for each playlist frame, it would be great to adjust the duration for each frame. IE: an image with a lot of text may be displayed for 10 seconds after being displayed, but the next frame may be a simple image and only warrant 3 seconds after displayed and then a video/powerpoint may only need 1 second after it has completed.

• Rocco commented  · 

There is still quite a demand for this feature.

• Morten commented  · 

Still no news?

• Dave commented  · 

I see this was planned for end of Q2 2016. Any update as to when this will be live?

• Morten commented  · 

Still a very needed feature, moving images gets attention from people.
        Hope to see this very soon! :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base